Deadline: 4 March 2024 (11.59 pm)
About the Professional Standards Authority
We are the oversight body for 10 statutory regulators of professionals working in the Health and Social Care sector. We promote the health, safety and wellbeing of patients, service users and the public by raising standards of regulation and registration of people working in health and care. We are a small, independent body, accountable to the UK Parliament.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Director of Policy and Communications to join our Executive Leadership Team on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to advance the PSA’s influence in regulatory developments by leading policy research and providing policy advice to the four Departments of Health and Social Care across the UK; and leading the PSA’s internal and external communications functions and engagement with stakeholders. The Director will also work as part of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to lead the organisation and contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic and business plans.
We are looking to recruit an individual who can:
- Support the Chief Executive in the running of the organisation as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Contribute to the development of the corporate strategy and its implementation through business planning, budget setting and risk management.
- Lead the Policy and Communications Directorate in the effective delivery of the PSA’s functions, including improving regulation and registration, and protecting the public.
- Advise the PSA’s Board, management teams and staff on issues relevant to regulation and accreditation.
- Take an active role in stakeholder engagement. Ensure the maintenance of good working relationships with the regulators, Accredited Registers, other relevant statutory bodies, the four Departments of Health and Social Care in the UK, and other stakeholders.
- Promoting and monitoring equality, diversity and inclusion within the PSA and in the work of the regulators and accredited registers.
- Be responsible for the PSA website and coordinating all stakeholder engagement, internal and external communications, and liaison with the media.
You will need the enthusiasm and drive to understand the field we work in, and a strong commitment to protecting patients, service users and the public. You will also need to share our values of integrity, transparency, respect, fairness and teamwork.
We are committed to promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where all our staff can flourish and reach their full potential. We know that a diverse workforce, at all levels, allows for a more creative and productive environment bringing different viewpoints, knowledge and experience. Therefore, we are keen to improve the diversity within our organisation and would like to encourage individuals who come from a diverse range of backgrounds.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will guarantee an interview for people with disabilities who meet all the essential criteria and so if you would like to be considered under this scheme then please let us know.
We offer a range of benefits, including 32.5 days annual leave a year pro rata plus bank holidays, an interest-free season ticket loan, and access to an employee assistance programme.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, you can find out more about the role in the job description and person specification. You can find the application form here. If you wish to receive the application in an accessible format or want to find out more about the organisation and the role, please contact email@example.com. Please note that we will not consider CVs.
The closing date for applications is 4 March 2024 (11.59 pm).
Interviews (which will include a presentation as part of the interview) will be held on Thursday, 21 March. Interviews will take place in person at our offices.
Should you wish for reasonable adjustments to be made at any stage of the process please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 020 7389 8050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer hybrid working which will initially be for three days in the office and two at home and will move to two days in the office and three working at home per week after the probationary period. We also offer flexible working.
Our offices are located in Blackfriars, London.
Our privacy notice which sets out how we will use your data can be found here https://www.professionalstandards.org.uk/privacy-policy