Our Board are responsible for determining the overall policies that affect the way we carry out our business. They set our strategic direction and approve our annual business plan and budget.
There are eight members:
- A Chair appointed by the Privy Council
- Three non-executive members; one appointed by the Scottish Ministers, one appointed by the Welsh Ministers and the third appointed by the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety in Northern Ireland
- Three non-executive members appointed by the Privy Council
- One executive member appointed by our Board itself.
- An associate Board member appointed for two-years
Our Board have different skills and backgrounds. They are not health or care professionals because the legislation under which we were set up does not allow anyone who has been a member of a profession that is regulated to sit on our Board.
We welcome members of the public at our Board meetings and always invite questions.